Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Hullabaloo of so much to do...

Wow, who knew writing a blog was so tough?!

It's only been a few days, and while I've only begun to write, I've already started to encounter writer's block. I'm not really sure what to write about, though when I started I thought I had it all sorted out. So, to circumvent this potential blog-threatening obstacle, I went around cyberspace and read a lot about blogs and blogging. The underlying piece of advice that stuck out was to just exercise the blogging muscle.

I'm known to my friends as a restless, energetic person. Apparently, even to acquaintances, I'm always walking about. My mind is akin to that of a ticking clock that you just can't shut up. So I keep busy. Productivity is something I'm keen on. So each day, I list out (sometimes mentally, and other times written down) the things I have to and want to do that day, and well, I do them.

Today is Thursday, and that means Design class. It went rather well I thought. I'm not sure if I am working hard or I give the illusion that I am, even when I'm not. Either way, my instructor is happy with the progress I'm making, and today I fleshed the plans out a little more. Circulation and structure are apparent, evolving constantly, and are conducive to my goal next week; to mass my design in Revit. What's my design you may ask? I've got to design a mixed-use mid-rise building somewhere in the capital city of Nicosia (Lefkosa).

Have faith in the fact that I'll be writing more mental check-lists in the weeks to follow. What's on the agenda? Well, for next week, it'll be to get my passport renewed in Spain. So I'll be visiting the only capital city currently split in to two in the world; Nicosia. This time round, I'll go early and make a day of it. It should be fun...

0 comments:

Post a Comment